Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai
Hon’ble Minister of State
Ministry of Ayush and Ministry of Women & Child Development.
Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Surendranagar,
Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai is the Minister of State in Ministry of Ayush and Ministry of Women and Child Development. Born on September 21, 1968 in Surendranagar District of Gujarat, Dr. Munjpara has been elected as a Member of Parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha in 2019 from Surendranagar constituency of Gujarat.
An accomplished medical practitioner by profession, Dr. Munjpara pursued M.D. in General Medicine and Therapeutics from Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, affiliated with the Gujarat University. During the course, he was associated with the following Health centers and Hospitals as an intern and a resident:
• P.H.C Sabarmati, Ahmedabad
• L.G. Hospital, Ahmedabad
• V.S Hospital, Ahmedabad
• Shardaben Hospital Saraspur, Ahmedabad
Later, after completing M.D. in Medicine, Dr. Munjpara contributed in the socio-economic development of the nation in the following capacities:
• As a Lecturer at Medical Oncology Department of Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, Ahmedabad
• As a Clinical Assistant in Diabetes and Endocrine unit at the M.P. Shah Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad
• As a Resident Physician in Nephrology (Dialysis and Kidney Transplantation Department) at the Muljeebhai Patel Urological Hospital in Nadiad, Gujarat
• As a Clinical Assistant at the Dr. Sudhir Shah Neurology Center, Ahmedabad
• As a Clinical Observership at Psychiatry Department of L.G. Hospital, Ahmedabad
• Consulting physician at the Shree Ram Medical Center, Shree Ram Bhojanalya, Surendranagar
• Assistant Professor in Medicine at the C.U. Shah Medical College, Surendranagar
• Consulting Physician atthe Jansewa Hospital, Surendranagar.
• Ex. Consulting Physician at the Rotary Club Hospital, Thangadh, Surendranagar
• Ex. Consultant Physician at the Swaminarayan Temple, Patdi, Gujarat
Details of Positions held by Dr. Munjpara
• Dr. Munjpara is a life time member of more than eighteen Medical Associations including Physician, Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology, Neurology, Critical Care etc.
• Central Council Member of Indian Medical Association, Delhi.
• Ex. Secretary, Indian Medical Association Surendranagar – Wadhawan Branch.
• Convener of the following schemes at the IMA Surendranagar -Wadhwan Branch
1. Social Security Scheme
2. National Social Security Scheme
3. Health Scheme
• Ex. Vice President and Director of the Lion’s Club, Surendranagar (Main)
• He has previously served in the following organizations at various posts:
1. President, Surendranagar district chunvaliaKoli (Thakor) young Brigade
2. Trustee Member, Velnath Pragati Mandal Surendranagar
3. Vice president, All Gujarat Samast Koli Samaj Medical and paramedical students’ and doctors’ association
Details of Post held as an MP
• Member of Department related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health and Family welfare, Rajya Sabha.
• Member of Department related Consultative Committee on Culture and Tourism.
• Invitee Member on Ministry of Education.
Awards and Honors
Before plunging into political arena, Dr. Munjpara had won many accolades in the health care sector for his exceptionally selfless medical practice. One special mention is the National Achievement Award for health excellence from All India Business and Community Foundation, New Delhi.
As a proponent of Antyodaya, Dr. Munjpara has served more than 1 million patients by charging a very meager sum of Rs. 2 as consultation fees, thereby taking affordable healthcare to the poorest of the poor. His Hospital and ICU works 24 hours 365 days including Sundays as well as on festival days such as Diwali, Janmastami etc. for providing emergency care.
Owing to his dedication towards helping the poor, Dr. Munjpara has been providing free health care services to all the students, girls and orphan children of Vikas Vidhyalaya Wadhwan, priests of all religions, police staff and their family members, widows, Thalassemia patients, differently able persons. He has also participated in many disease diagnostic camps at Surendranagar, Ahmadabad, Panchmahal,Vadodara, Kheda etc.
During the first and second wave of COVID-19, he visited more than 40 hospitals including PHC, CHC, Civil Hospitals and Medical colleges. He also promoted COVID-19 vaccination programme in his constituency and visited many vaccinations centers to ensure timely availability of vaccines.
He was also the pioneer and president of mass marriage (samuhlagna) in his community.
Sports and Other Activities
• He played Kung-Fu Karate at the National Level (Blue 1st belt) and was a member of the team that finished Runner-Up at Bombay.
• As an active cadet of N.C.C, he won the best firing award (0.22 Rifle) at N.C.C camp Junagadh.
• He was a regular participant in the activities of the N.S.S Unit of the N.H.L Municipal medical college.
• He was the Sports secretary of N.H.L. Municipal Medical Collage, Ahmedabad.
• He was the Joint Secretary of the Junior doctors’ Association, V.S Hospital Ahmedabad
• He is an adept swimmer, having participated in the Gujarat State Khel Maha Kumbh.
• Later on, he became the Vice president of the Surendranagar Swimmers’ Association.
• With the aim of developing scientific temperament in young children, he organized an Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO) exhibition for students of Surendranagar district that was attended by more than 1,50,000 Students.
Last updated on August 9th, 2021 at 12:13 pm