Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery
Candidates shall have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in the 10, Standard or in Higher Secondary Course.
Candidates who are not covered under clause (c) above, have to study Tamil as a subject during the First Professional course.
For foreign students any other equivalent qualification to be approved by the concerned authorities may be allowed.
Duration of Course
The duration of the course shall be five years and six months comprising:
|First Profession al||Twelve Months|
|Second Professional||Twelve Months|
|Third Professional||Twelve Months|
|Final Professional||Eighteen Months|
|Compulsory Rotatory Internship||Twelve Months|
Degree to be awarded: The candidate shall be awarded Siddha Maruthuva Arignar (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery –B.S.M.S.) degree after passing all the examinations and completion of course of study extending over the period and the compulsory rotatory internship extending over twelve months.
Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction for the course shall be Tamil or Hindi or any recognized regional language or English.
PG in Siddha
The nomenclature of post-graduate degree in respective specialties shall be as under:-
|S.No||Nomenclature of speciaty||Abbreviation|
|1||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Pothu Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) General Medicine|
|2||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Gunapadam||M.D. (Siddha) Materia Medica and Pharmacology|
|3||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Pura Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) External Therapy|
|4||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Kuzhanthai Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) Paediatrics|
|5||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Noi Naadal||M.D. (Siddha) Pathology and Diagnostic Methods|
|6||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Nanju Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) Toxicology|
|7||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Siddha Maruthuva Adipaadai Ariviyal||M.D. (Siddha) Fundamental Principles of Siddha Medicine|
|8||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Varma Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) Varma Medicine|
|9||Siddha Aruvai Maruthuva Peraring – Aruvai Maruthuvam||M.S. (Siddha) Siddha Surgical Procedures|
|10||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Sool and Magalir Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|11||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Thol Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) Dermatology|
|12||Siddha Maruthuva Peraring – Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam||M.D. (Siddha) Siddhar’s Yogic Science|
Note 1: The departments of Nomenclature of post graduate degrees of Sirappu Maruthuvam and Nanju Noolum Maruthuva Neethi Noolum have been renamed as Pura Maruthuvam and Yogam and Sattam Saarntha Maruthuvamum Nanju Maruthuvamum respectively.
Note 2: The post-graduate degree with the old Nomenclature (i.e Sirappu Maruthuvam and Nanju Noolum Maruthuva Neethi Noolum) may also be appointed or continued in concerned department.
PG Diploma in Siddha
अभिप्राय और उद्देष्य: The aims and objectives of the Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Siddha shall be-
To produce efficient Siddha specialists in clinical specialties;
To produce the experts in various specialties for research and development in the field of Siddha like Maruthuvam, Varmam, Vathanoigal, Puramaruthuvam,Kuzhanthaimaruthuvam andYogam;and
To have the skills and competence to diagnose and manage the conditions in respective area of specialties.
Specialities for Post-Graduate Diploma in Siddha: The specialities available in the Post-Graduate Diploma in Siddha shall be the following, namely:-
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Thol Maruthuvam (Dermatology)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Muthiyor Maruthuvam (Geriatric Medicine);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Kan Maruthuvam (Ophthalmology);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Vatha Noi Maruthuvam (Rheumatology); Post-Graduate Diploma in Neerizhivu Maruthuvam (Diabetology);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Karuvakka Maruthuvam (Fertility Medicine);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marunthu Seilyal (Pharmaceutics);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Kayakarpam and Yogam (Rejuvenation and Yoga);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Mana Noi Maruthuvam (Psychiatric Medicine);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Putru Noi Maruthuvam (Oncology); and
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Noianuga Vithi Ozhukkam (Preventive Medicine)
- Nomenclature and subjects of Post-Graduate Diploma Course. – The nomenclature subjects of Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Siddha and the Department under which the said course are included shall be as specified in Schedule – I
Last updated on जून 17th, 2021 at 05:24 अपराह्न