Earth is made up of various minerals and compounds that play an important role in boosting the body’s immunity level. Among all the rich minerals that are proving as a boon to the human body, clay is one such element of earth which has been linked with many religious beliefs due to its enriching healing properties. Whether it is famous mud festivals of Korea or mud baths in the Dead Sea, the advantages of mud therapy are much known to the entire world.
As per the ancient scriptures of Ayurveda, the human body is made up of 5 particles namely Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and vacuum. Clay holds the quality to get inside the system and treat all the imbalances. In naturopathy, Mud Therapy involves the scientific use of moistened earth in a proper manner to benefit the body from within. Mud possesses the quality of absorbing toxins from the body which eventually helps in the prevention of many diseases. There are many advantages of mud therapy such as:
- The application of mud over the body causes cooling and helps to retain the moisture.
- The shape and consistency can be changed easily by adding water.
- Mud therapy is easily available and is an affordable procedure.
- It has the property of absorbing all the colors from the sun and conveys them to the body.
Mud Pack-Local Application
It is a pack that is prepared by keeping soaked mud in a thin, wet muslin cloth and making it into a thin flat brick according to the size of the patient’s abdomen. The duration of the pack would be 20 to 30 minutes. It is advised to place a blanket over the mud pack and cover the body as well when it is applied in cold weather.
- The mud pack is applied to the abdomen to relieve all forms of indigestion. It is also effective in stimulating peristalsis and decreasing intestinal heat.
- A thick application of mudpack over the head proves to be effective in congestive headaches as it heals the pain quickly.
- The application of mud over the eyes is recommended in case of conjunctivitis, hemorrhages in the eyeball, itching, errors of refraction like short sighted and long sight especially efficient in glaucoma as it helps to reduce eyeball tension.
Mud Pack for Face
Mud therapy exerts positive effects on different organs of the body but most of all it does wonders to the face. It creates cooling effects on the skin and also improves the complexion of the skin. To reap the benefits of mud therapy, you must apply a thick application on the face and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. From helping in controlling the effects of pitta to treating dark circles, Mud Therapy is regarded as one of the best ways of detoxification since ancient times.
In the Mud Bath therapy, mud is applied to the patient in a sitting or lying position. It involves the application of minerals rich mud and natural salts over the body. It successfully treats diseases like Psoriasis, Leprosy, Urticaria, leucoderma, and other skin allergy conditions. In this therapy, thorough care must be taken to ensure that the patient is safe from catching a cold during bath. Then, thorough washing of the patient with cold water jet spray is followed after the bath. In case a patient is feeling cold, warm water can be used. Afterward, the patient must be taken to a warm bed to avoid sickness. It should be noted that the duration of a mud bath should be 45 to 60 minutes.
- Mud bath leaves a refreshing, vitalizing, and invigorating effect on the body.
- It causes a cooling effect on the entire body.
- Mud therapy is used in diseases like headaches due to tension, high blood pressure, skin problem, constipation, etc.
- It dilutes and absorbs the toxic substances present in the body and then, helps the body to get rid of them.
Last updated on June 12th, 2021 at 04:13 pm