Ayurvedic system of health is the primary healthcare delivery system in Indian. It is used by millions of people in India and across the globe to fulfil day-to-day healthcare needs. Ayurveda is practised in the county from more than 5,000 years and holds an important position in the health care sector. To support and promote Ayurvedic educational and other systems, the Indian Government established a separate Ministry called Ayush (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa, and Homoeopathy) for the Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy). The department looks after the Ayurvedic healthcare sector and works in collaboration with hospitals, educational institutions, dispensaries and licensed medical practitioners.
Manpower and institutional profile of Ayurveda in India include:
- Total Number of Registered Medical Practitioners: 438721
- Total Number of dispensaries: 15193
- Total Number of hospitals: 753
- Total Bed strength: 35182
- Total Number of teaching institutions (Undergraduate): 219
Last updated on June 4th, 2021 at 06:11 pm