Ayush Fellowship Scheme for Foreign Students: An Invitation to an Exciting Journey
The 104 scholarships offered yearly by the Ministry of Ayush to the eligible foreign nationals from 98 countries for pursuing undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and Ph.D courses in premier Ayush Institutes in India, in many ways, amount to an invitation to an exciting journey to the foundations of time-tested healthcare practices of this ancient land. These scholarships are offered under the Central Sector for Promotion of International Cooperation in Ayush.
The Fellowship Scheme since its inception is being implemented through the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR). The candidates are required to fill online application available on the prescribed portal and submit along with the certified copies of documents of qualification with English translation. Applications are collected through the Indian Diplomatic Missions in the said 98 countries who scrutinize and forward them to ICCR for selection and placement. ICCR, in consultation with Ministry of Ayush, forwards the application to the Universities/ educational institutions that have their own eligibility criteria. After confirmation of admission from the concerned institute/ university, appropriate visas are issued by the Missions.
There are 104 seats under the scheme, which are allocated as follows:
- 50 Scholarship seats are open to all 98 countries for undertaking UG and PG in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy and also for B.Sc in Yoga and Ph.D. in Ayurveda.
- 20 seats are reserved for candidates from Malaysia for pursing UG in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha & Homoeopathy.
- 29 seats are seats are reserved for WHO South-East Asia Region (SEAR) countries in National Institutes for UG in Ayurveda & Homoeopathy, PG in Ayurveda, Unani & Homoeopathy, Ph.D. in Ayurveda and Unani.
- 05 seats are reserved for candidate from African countries for pursuing UG in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha & Homoeopathy.
- If the reserved seats are not filled by the candidate from above mentioned countries, they are made open and may be offered to other countries.
Utilization of scholarship seats during last 3 years is as under:
Year BIMSTEC Non-BIMSTEC SEAR Malaysia Total
2016-17 Nil 17 40 6 63
2017-18 7 10 30 Nil 47
2018-19 24 12 13 4 53
Admission proves for the academic session 2019-20 has recently been completed. As per the available information, round 60 candidates have so far joined in various UG and PG courses under the scheme this year. The processing for admissions for the session 2020-21 is expected to begin in March 2020.
Last updated on May 15th, 2021 at 09:45 am